Monday, February 13, 2012

All This Time by Britt Nicole


"All This Time is my salvation story. It is the story of how I met Jesus, and a reminder that whatever we face in life, we don't have to face it alone because Jesus promised to never leave us or forsake us. Here is a glimpse at my story and I hope one day I can hear yours.

When I was seven years old my parents were going through a divorce. I remember running to my room with tears running down my face and opening my big, pink, Precious Moments Bible (I know some of y'all had one of those too! haha). I grew up hearing my grandpa preach about Jesus and in that moment I needed Him to rescue me. With barely any words I cried out to Jesus and right away I felt His presence fill my bedroom. I knew that He was real; I knew that He was with me and that He would never leave. 

Ever since that day there has never been a moment that I have walked alone. Jesus has walked with me through the good and the bad. He is a loyal and faithful God; the God who sees our heartache and knows that the picture is much bigger than what we can see. He restores our brokenness and redeems what we thought could never be redeemed. 

But, this isn't just about my story, it's about yours. Your story will reach people that I could never reach. Your story could be the beginning of someone else's. So I encourage you to tell your story. No matter how painful, how dark, how broken it may be, let people know that our God rescues, saves, and restores and turns our pain into something beautiful. 

Together our stories will change the world and people will know that God is real not because of the mere facts, but because we have experienced Him. I once heard a writer say, "Facts stay lodged in the mind, but stories speak to the heart." Stories disarm the heart. No one can argue with your story. It is real, it is powerful, and it is life changing. 

When someone asks me why I believe, I simply say, I believe in Jesus not because someone told me to or because it was the right thing to do, but because I met Him when I was just a little girl and He has been my best friend and Father since. He saved me from a broken life and gave me something to sing about. He restored my darkest moments and I know what the enemy meant for bad, Jesus will turn for good.

It's not always easy to see in the moment, but if you take a second to stop and look back over your life, you can see how God has always been there watching over you, protecting you, and guiding you all the way up until this very morning. From the first tear cried till today's sunrise, He's been walking with you and with me, All This Time."  
by Britt web team

No comments:

Post a Comment